Who Can Join?
- Any person over the age of 18 years is eligible for membership providing such person is (a) a resident, (b) a ratepayer, (c) a person conducting a registered place of business in Naremburn and its district
- All Naremburn Ward Councillors of Willoughby City are eligible for membership of the Association
- The Member for the State Seat of Willoughby and the Member for the Federal Seat of North Sydney whose Electorates include Naremburn, are also eligible for membership
- Annual membership fee is currently $15.00 per person per annum with Concession at $10.00 per person per annum
- Annual Membership fee is decided at the Annual General Meeting (AGM) held each year on the second Thursday in March
- Membership fee falls due at the Annual General Meeting.
- Any member who does not renew the membership subscription within 3 months after the date of the AGM, i.e., June of that year, is deemed not financial and is not permitted to vote or hold Office
- If the subscription of a member remains in arrears in the subsequent January, that membership will lapse
- Payment of membership fees can be made (a) in person at a General Meeting, or (b) by cheque to PO Box 393 St Leonards 1590, or, (c) via Internet banking to the NPA account – BSB 032 297, Account Number 20 1474 – please include your last name in the transaction.
- Capacity to contribute to the resolution of issues of concern to all who live in Naremburn
- Be counted in our number when we have to go into bat on contentious issues – at Council, or with the State and Federal Governments
- Not required to take an active role but ‘part of the team’
- Agendas and minutes delivered to your email Inbox
- Those not on email have their agendas and minutes delivered to their street mail box
- Attend General Meetings of the Association and exercise voting rights
- Meetings held on the second Thursday of the month with the exception of January and July
- Meetings commence at 7.30 pm in the Naremburn Community Centre, 7 Central Street, Naremburn
- Open Forum from 7.30 pm – 7.45 pm where you can introduce matters of concern or pass information to the benefit of other residents
- Receive up to the minute emailed information of interest or concern as it happens
- Able to contribute articles (within editorial guidelines) to Naremburn Matters, our quarterly newsletter that is issued March, June, September, December
Print and complete this Membership Form (PDF)